Easy Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Bake the sweet potatoes ahead of time – the chili is ready is 20 minutes!
● 4 medium sweet potatoes
● 1 TBSP cooking fat of choice
● ½ small onion, diced
● 450g uncooked lean ground beef
● ½ cup diced tomatoes (from a can, no salt added)
● ½ tsp fine grain sea salt
● ½ – 1 tsp chipotle chili pepper (I used ¾ tsp)
● 1 tsp cumin
● ½ tsp smoked paprika
1. First, bake your sweet potatoes* – preheat your oven to 400 degrees and wrap
each potato in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated
oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until completely soft in the center. The
size/shape of your potato will affect the baking time!
2. While you bake (or reheat) your sweet potatoes, make the chili. Heat a med/large
skillet (I used this cast iron one) over medium heat. Add your cooking fat, then
diced onions and stir to coat. Once softened, add the ground beef, breaking up
lumps to evenly brown.
3. Add the salt and spices and stir, cooking the beef until browned – about 3-4
minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 more minutes, lowering the heat
to avoid burning.
4. Cut open your sweet potatoes, stuff, top with ranch dressing and scallions if
desired, and enjoy!
*You can do this ahead of time and then simply reheat the potatoes in the oven
while you make the chili.
*Serve this meal with a salad or some roast veggies 🙂
Source : Brian Keane Fitness