Beef & Sweet Potato Taco Salad with Cashew Dip
● 380g lean uncooked beef mince
● 2 tbsp. hot sauce
● 1 large red chilli (diced)
● 1 small red onion (diced finely)
● 2 handfuls of coriander leaves (chopped)
● 100g sweet corn
● 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
● 100g cherry tomatoes (halved)
● 1 large sweet potato (halved)
● 150g spinach leaves
● 100g cashews (soaked in water overnight)
● 1 sweet red pepper
● 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
● ½ cup water
1. Roast the sweet potato and the red pepper for 30 minutes at 200 until tender.
2. In a large skillet over a high heat, add a tbsp. olive oil. Once sizzling, add the
beef and break up using a wooden spoon.
3. Once fully browned, add in the hot sauce and stir for further 2-3 minutes.
4. Now plate it all up, add the spinach leaves to the base, then the tomatoes, corn,
black beans, cubed sweet potato, red onion and lastly the beef.
5. For the dip, blend all ingredients, soaked cashews, roasted red pepper, olive oil
and water. Once blended, serve as a side dip with the beef taco salad.
Source: Brian Keane Fitness