Simple Chicken Curry
- 4 Chicken Breast Fillets (cut in large dice – six to a fillet)
- 2 Large Onions, Peeled and Sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Crushed
- Pinch of Sugar and Salt
- 3 Tbsps Curry Powder (you can choose mild/Medium or Hot)
- 1 Tbsp Chinese Five-Spice Mix
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock (a stock cube is fine, or just water)
- 1½ Tbsps of Corn Flour (softened with a little water)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander Leaves, Chopped
- 2 Tbps Sunflower Oil
- Put Onions, Garlic, Oil and Chicken in pot.
- Sweat on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add spices, seasoning and then the stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Thicken with the corn flour mix and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Finish with the chopped coriander and season to taste.
- Serve with Steamed Basmati Rice.
Add a few tablespoons of Coconut milk at stage 4 for a richer creamier curry. The Curry will taste better the next day as the flavours will infuse overnight.