Cooking With Kids: Our Top Tips
It’s often harder to entertain kids when they are off school and the weather isn’t great. Cooking with children, however, is an excellent way to keep them busy and interested, and to ensure that they’re learning skills that will be useful throughout their lives.
Here at Ó Crualaoí, you and your family are important to us, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to enjoy a healthy diet. Our new Real Food for Fitness Range offers you many delicious and healthy choices, and we’ve created an exciting variety of recipes that you and your kids will love to make. We’re sure that cooking together will soon become a family tradition!
Our Top Tips For Cooking With Kids
1. Step back. Cooking with kids is always more fun if they’re in charge. Let them select the recipes, and don’t discourage them even if you think they’ve chosen something that will be too difficult. Help them to think through the preparation stages and be on hand to help (without taking over) throughout the cooking process.
2. Embrace variety. If you’re always tempted to make the same cake, try to embrace a new challenge and try something a bit different. If you usually bake sweet treats, try cooking a healthy, savoury dish instead. This is a great way to encourage children to grow up understanding what makes a healthy diet, and it will also enable them to learn the cooking skills they will need in adulthood.
3. Take it easy. Cooking with children is not always a quick fix, so be sure to allow extra time if they’re helping out. If you have plenty of time for errors and learning, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the process, too.
4. Clean up together. When you’ve finished creating something special, it’s time to get on with the clearing up. It’s likely that you’ll have quite a mess to contend with, so ensure that everyone joins in and embrace the process of washing up and tidying the kitchen together.
5. Be organised. You can set yourself up for success by preparing in advance and ensuring that you have everything you need. Try a cooking challenge by presenting your children with some key ingredients and letting their imaginations run riot! You can order meat from your online butchers, Ó Crualaoí, so that you can create meals, snacks and more with the kids at short notice.
Order With Your Online Butchers In Cork
Make the most of your online butchers in Cork when you order online and stock up your freezer to make meal planning easier. Of course, we’ll always be delighted to see you in your local store, and our experienced butchers will be on hand to help you make the best choices for your family.
Simply Pop in to your local store in Ballincollig, Carrigaline, Fermoy or Wilton for more information or order online now.