Full cooking demo can be found on Instagram @ocrualaoifoods
• 4 smoked streaky rashers
• 500g of beef mince
• 500g of pork mince
• 3 large onions
• 4 carrots
• 4 sticks of celery
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 4 heaped tbsp of oregano
• 800g Passata
• Fresh basil
• Grated parmesan cheese
• Salt/ Pepper
1. Finely chop all the veg
2. Cut the streaky rashers up into lardons
3. Add the lardons to an oiled pot and brown, once cooked add the oregano.
4. Add the finely chopped onions, carrots and celery to the pot. Place a lid over the pot and let the veg soften, stirring every 30 seconds.
5. Once the veg has softened you can add your meat mix. This may need to be done in batches, depending on the size of the pot.
6. Once all your meat is added and slighted browned, add the chopped up stalks from the basil leaf.
7. Lastly add the passata and a drop of water, don’t panic if it looks quiet watery this will reduce down during the cooking.
8. Let the Bolognese cook for 1 hour, allowing all the flavours to combine and the sauce to reduce.
9. Serve with spaghetti adding grated parmesan and basil leaves on top.