Pesto stuffed Chicken fillets with Roasted Tomatoes
4 Skinless Chicken Fillets
3 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
2 Cups of Baby Spinach Leaves
4 Smoked Streaky Rashers or 4 Slices of Pancetta
1 Tbsp of good quality Pesto
2 Punnets Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Place a chicken fillet on the chopping board and make an incision in the side of the fillet to create a pocket for the stuffing.
- Roughly chop the spinach and mix with the cheese & pesto.
- Fill each pocket with the stuffing.
- Wrap one rasher or pancetta around the middle of each fillet.
- Brush the bottom of an ovenproof tray and place the chicken fillets on top.
- Place the Vine tomatoes alongside the fillets and season with some cracked black pepper.
- Cover with tin foil and roast in pre-heated oven at 180c for 20 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and roast for another 10 minutes until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked. Divide chicken onto plates and garnish with the roasted tomatoes. Drizzle over the juices from the tray over the chicken.
If you would like a little more sauce add a glass of wine to the tray at stage 6. Before drizzling over the juices add 1 Tbsp of Crème Fraiche to the juices and mix well. Heat and pour over the chicken.