Getting Active This Autumn
It’s a great time of year to start thinking about making positive changes to your life, especially since many of us feel lower or more sluggish during the winter months. Getting motivated to be more active, and setting up goals for the months ahead, can really help to carry you through the winter lull and ensure that your family is on track for a healthy and happy season.
Here at Ó Crualaoi, our focus is on healthy and good quality food, and we have introduced our Real Food For Fitness range to make it easier for you to feed yourself and your family well. You can visit our expert butchers in your local store, or you can shop online and have your food delivered to your home or workplace, or choose ‘click and collect’ to order and pay online and collect from your local store at your convenience.
Top Tips To Get Active This Season
1. Focus on exercising little and often. If you are finding it hard to get out and get fit, try focusing on small chunks of exercise each day. A walk with the family dog, a swim, or even a brisk walk around the shops, can all count towards your ideal 30 minutes of exercise at least five times a week.
2. Find a new activity. Whether it’s water sports with friends or geocaching with the family, getting into a new hobby can help you to feel motivated about getting active. Explore some local sports you’ve never tried before, or take an activity weekend break to see what makes you feel good.
3. Eat the right foods. Eating a nutritious and balanced diet is an essential part of maintaining a healthy body, and finding new recipes can inspire you to try new things. Stock your freezer with our bulk packs of high quality meat and make meal planning easier, too. Ask everyone in the family to pick a favourite meal and get the children involved in the cooking, too.
4. Get creative. If you’re having trouble getting the kids outdoors, set them some interesting challenges to inspire them. Building a den in the garden or collecting items in a scavenger hunt will get you all moving, and this is a great way to ensure you raise your heart rate every day.
5. Give yourself a goal. Let’s face it, it’s easier to sit and watch the TV than it is to go out for a run – especially if the weather’s bad. Signing up to do a charity run or to participate in a five a side football team at work could be a great way to motivate yourself, as well as making new friends and giving your mental health a boost, too.
Order With Your Online Butcher In Cork
Here at Ó Crualaoi, we value good quality produce that can be traced from farm to plate. We can also provide an excellent range of party food, and we cater for birthdays, christenings, first communions, confirmations and more. Talk to us in your local store today, or order online for convenience.